June 8, 2006

Day of Fun at Oak Mountain

I have lived here in Birmingham nearly four years, but I have only been to Oak Mtn State Park once. That was only because the church I attended in 2002 had a singles day in the park. But while I was there, I only went to the pavilion and beach part.

So on May 20th, Jeremy took me on a few hiking trails. I am definitely not made for this type of thing. I would not survive hiking on steep inclines for a long period of time. But then again, it is always better when you are not hiking in 90 degree heat. After 2+ hours of walking, I was done in. Jeremy took me back to the house and returned to the park with his bicycle. I don't know where all his energy comes from.

We took the camera along and have some pretty decent shots of the park.


One of the many dried up streams. We hadn't seen rain in a while.


An Owl was hanging out at the Wildlife Center.


The waterfall at the end of one of the trails. I never made it down to the bottom, but Jeremy did so he could take a picture.









No comments: