December 13, 2006

Day 6 & 7 - St. Augustine & Jacksonville

Dec. 7th (Thursday) - Nana’s Birthday

Jeremy and I started our day with a trip to St. Augustine. We took the historical trolley thru St. Augustine. I learned exactly how old this town really is. I didn’t know it prior to going. Nana picked a lunch at Longhorn, where we all got stuff with beef. After lunch, we continued on to Jacksonville to see the landing. I received another personalized tour of where all of Jeremy’s family lived and grew up in Jacksonville.













Dec. 8th (Friday)

We went back to St. Augustine to finish up our tour. We picked a bad day to go, because it was so cold with the wind gusting up to 25 mph and cold off the water. However we did get to see a cannon fired at the old fort. It was so windy that it took 2 tries to get it fired. After this, we picked up Uncle Ron to go do some Christmas shopping. It took a little while, but we found the perfect gift – a new LCD TV. Yes, it was for us, but he didn’t pay for it all. We will end up paying for a little more than half, but it is still better than us paying for it all. We can’t wait to pick it up in B’ham.